ALL COMMON CORE ALIGNED
MICROSSOFT OFFICE WORD MARKETING FLYER
This fun lesson focuses on students creating a business marketing flyer in Microsoft Office WORD. The students will have the opportunity to create a business flyer to inform others about the upcoming pretend Halloween party at the school. This lesson could be for students that have already learned the basics of Microsoft WORD and/or students that are new to Microsoft WORD. Students will follow all the specific steps on a rubric to understand the overall expectation.
• Smart Board or Dry Erase Board
• 8 ½ by 11 Paper
• Coordination of Marketing Event Checklist Worksheet
• 2 Black Bird worksheets
• Catchy Marketing Phrases Reference Worksheet
• Microsoft WORD Tips Reference Worksheet
• Halloween Party Business Marketing Flyer Rubric
3 days for students that already know the basics of Microsoft WORD and 4 days for new students.
• Students will CREATE aHalloween Party business marketing flyer in Microsoft Office WORD.
• Students will understand what MARKETING is, what is the purpose of marketing and the various ways to market events and products.
• Students will understand the difference between FLYERS and FLIERS.
• Students will understand what the word MANDATORY means and how the business world utilizes it consistently.
• Students will understand how the business world is busy and it is important for employees to ACTIVE LISTEN the first time when bosses give directives.
• Students will understand what a DIRECTIVE is and the focus that it plays in the business world.
• Students will learn the BASICS OF MICROSOFT OFFICE WORD and/or review the basics of Microsoft WORD, while incorporating the knowledge learned into a fun classroom activity that will summarize the Halloween Party event.
• Students will learn to COORDINATE an event using a checklist.
• Students will complete a class activity by DRAWING A BLACK BIRD on an 8 ½ by 11-inch paper and placing the event information on the bird to use as a reference.
• Students will review the CATCHY MARKETING PHRASES and add six of those phrases to their Halloween Party business marketing flyer.
• Students will review the Halloween Party business marketing flyer RUBRIC EXPECTATIONS and check off the tasks when they complete them.
• Students will create a Halloween Party business marketing flyer that SUMMARIZES THE EVENT and provides colors, pictures, page borders, shapes, tables, bolding, italicizing, text, font, font size, text boxes, shading, alignment, centering, gradient, and text box line weight.
• Students will learn about SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS and compare it to Twitter and Raven.
• Students will COMPLETE THE HALLOWEEN PARTY BUSINESS MARKETING FLYER and print them out to hang around the classroom or school.
top of page
bottom of page