This is a perfect resource to prepare students for studying content information for quizes, tests and formative assessments.
For Retaining Knowledge Concepts
- This resource is a fun, engaging game that gets students working in teams to review and recall all of the knowledge they gained during the unit or course.
- This game can be played for any subject and it’s a fun way to review for a quiz, test or formative assessment.
- This lesson is for you to understand how I incorporated this team game for students to enjoy reviewing knowledge content for an upcoming quiz, test for formative assessment.
- There are two worksheets that will assist you in creating your own physical actions to dictate to the students and your own questions that you will ask during the game for the students to answer.
- For this lesson example, students will work together in teams to compete for points by answering questions about the attached lesson example for business soft skills, terms, concepts, and assignments from the class.
- You will be able to choose the teams the way you want to and create your own set of questions just like I did on page 62, relative to your class subject content.
- You will enjoy observing students recall information retained in class, plus have a lot of fun.
- It’s amazing how much the students remember when they are having fun.
- Students must be positive and encourage their teammates during the team game.
- You will have the opportunity to take away points if students are arguing and/or simply not working well together.
- Explain to the students that working efficiently and effectively as a group promotes positive performance and results in positive outcomes.
- Group members must think of the end result when working together as a group, especially since it affects the overall performance during the game.
- Since you are the Boss (Teacher), you ultimately have the final say in the points that each team receives as the game progresses. Sometimes it might be a tie between two teams whoever obtains the answer first, so you must make the decision for both teams to receive the 2 points instead of just giving it to one team.
- All rules for this team game must be FAIR in order for the game to run smoothly.
- Since students now understand that arguing with the Boss results in a point reduction, students must respect the decision of their Boss at all times.
- You want students to comprehend how they will need to interact in a positive way with their Boss once they enter into the work environment, otherwise there are negative consequences that can occur such as; being insubordinate, demoted, reduction of points on their performance appraisal, and potentially fired.
FUN GAME TO ENFORCE CONTENT KNOWLEDGE